Tactical trousers are a special piece of clothing that today is chosen not only by the military and other representatives of law enforcement agencies but also by ordinary men. A pair of tactical pants has become a popular item in the wardrobes of travelers, fisherman, hunters, and other groups of people who value comfort, practicality, and flexibility of movement as a result of the combination of these features. As a rule, tactical pants are made in one color, which, unlike camouflage pants, allows you to wear them both in an emergency situation and in urban conditions. Tactical pants can take the place of a small backpack thanks to double fabric inserts in the most cleaned regions and a large number of pockets. Numerous tactical pants are available from the Brand Galls.
Why do you need tactical pants?
Military cargo pants were initially intended to be worn in dangerous situations. It can include pockets to hold several tools and small objects or a form that is entirely minimalistic. The biggest distinction between tactical pants and regular jeans is how much more useful they are. Tactical trousers are essential, even if you do not intend to fire or run far. For instance, when trekking on challenging terrain. The cut of tactical pants has its own characteristics that distinguish them from ordinary trousers:
- triple seams;
- elastic band or valves with buttons in the belt;
- velcro on plants;
- large reinforced vents at the waist;
- double layer of fabric on the buttocks and knees;
- integrated knee pads or pockets for them.
The best tactical pants have at least 7 pockets – 2 at the front waist, 2 at the buttocks, 2 at the hips, and 1 at the waist for a pocket knife or phone. If desired, you can choose a model with a large number of pockets.
Features of tactical trousers
The main distinguishing characteristic of tactical trousers is the increased strength of the material and seams. It is designed for intensive wear and withstands repeated washing without deformation and loss of its original appearance. Tactical work pants differ in the fabric from which they are made:
- Cotton is the best summertime cloth since it effectively cools the body in the heat. Cotton cloth is comfortable for the body, doesn’t trigger allergies, and is rather robust. Cotton has the drawbacks of having very wrinkly pants and having a low margin of safety for summer clothing;
- A fabric called polycotton is composed of 65% cotton and 35% polyester. Additional body protection is offered by these pants. The fabric does not wrinkle, does not tear as easily as cotton, and washes nicely. This material is rarely used for combat insulated trousers;
- One of the most often used fabrics for specialized clothes is ripstop, which has strengthened threads that let you stop worrying about minor burns, tears, or cuts. The affordable pricing of the item contributed to the material’s widespread appeal;
- A membrane is a two- or three-layered cloth. You won’t need to worry about the weather changing if you carry such a model. While preventing water from passing through, the multi-layered material also allows air to reach the skin. This product’s unpopularity is a result of its high cost;
- Flex, a spandex-containing fabric that may be used to create elastic tactical pants, won’t wrinkle or stretch and can offer a high level of comfort for a variety of actions.
The majority of models include a ton of pockets, but you must pick them based on your needs. For certain users, the position of the pockets may not always be convenient. The ability to swiftly access a knife, a lighter, cartridges, and other critical goods from your pockets is priceless. Some people choose versions with zippers and a lot of Velcro closures, forgetting that conventional buttons with tight seams are more dependable in heavy usage.
Benefits of tactical pants
Tactical pants have a number of advantages over regular clothing:
- resistance to damage and moisture;
- strong seams that can withstand a strong load;
- providing comfort during high physical activity;
- uniform distribution of the load on the pockets due to their location;
- low weight;
- long service life even with frequent washing;
- a wide selection of colors and models.
This type of pants can be combined with various types of casual wear – windbreakers, loose-fitting shirts, and T-shirts. When choosing a color, it is necessary to focus on the conditions in which tactical pants will be worn. It is very important to pay attention not only to the style and color but also to the size. An error in the selection of the size can lead to the fact that the trousers will hinder movement, or, on the contrary, will be too loose.
How to choose tactical pants?
Today, the range of tactical pants is so large that it involuntarily leads to confusion. It must be remembered that, by definition, a quality item cannot have a low price, but only with this one can you be sure that it will not let you down at the most inopportune moment. In order not to make a mistake with the choice, consider a number of subtleties:
- For wear in extreme conditions, it is better to choose models with knee pads. It can be both fabric seals and metal lining;
- For the winter it is worth considering a warmed product. It retains heat well, thanks to which a person feels very comfortable even in very cold and windy weather;
- Additionally, make sure that items from your pockets are accessible and keep in mind that today there are options for left-handed and right-handed trousers;
- It is good if there is a pocket for the phone on the belt of the trousers;
- High-quality tactical pants do not restrict movement, a person feels easy and free in them;
- A large number of Velcro, zippers and a variety of fasteners is not always an advantage – consumer reviews show that a button-down model will last much longer.