VPNs have become very important and useful nowadays. They are essential when you need help with access to your website if it gets blocked, but also when you want to encrypt your data or are in need of hiding your location. VPNs were invented for the use of employees in organizations that needed to be connected with the computer that was far away from them. What this tool does is it generates a virtual cable through which a server and a computer are connected, and that virtual cables takes care of any data that goes through it and encrypts it. This guarantees that the information and data are safe and no one can access it.
There are plenty of VPN services out there, and it can be hard to pick one out. The factors you should consider are speed, security, price, the location of the VPN provider, ease of use and so on. Now we will discuss the best VPN services out there:
1. PureVPN – This service has 2,000 servers, 300,000 IP addresses and 180 server locations with the country of origin being Hong Kong. A big plus of this VPN service is that it has a 30-day refund policy and also supports bitcoin payments. Their pricing is average with being not too expensive but not too cheap. It is $10.95 per month or $35.88 if you get a yearly subscription. It is also special because it is the first one to add the GDPR fully.
2. NordVPN – With more than 5,000 servers, 5,000 Ip addresses and 61 server location this Panama VPN service has a 5/5 rating. Because of the fact that this company has 6 simultaneous connections when other companies offer 5 or less it is in the lead. If you get a monthly subscription, it will cost you $11.95 which is more than other companies, but it is worth it. The yearly plan is the best way to get your money’s worth since it pans out to $6.99 per month or $83.88 in total. Or if you are ready to settle for a 3-year plan, then it would come up to only $2.99 per month!
3. CyberGhost – 115 server locations, 2,800 IP addresses and over 3,000 servers all over the world. Founded in 2011 this company has a pretty good Linux support, routers that support VPN and offers the Kodi media player solution. They support P2P and BitTorrent in most countries and have a switch for a connection kill. As for the price, it is $11.99 per month, $4.99 per month for a 6-month plan, and $2.75 per month for an 18-month plan. It might be a bit pricey, but it is worth it. It gets a few other bonus points for not logging connection data, custom app protection, and IPV5 support.
4. ExpressVPN – It has over 30,000 IP addresses, 2,500 servers, 145 server locations and it comes from the British Virgin Islands. With a 30-day refund policy and amazing protocol support, this one is a great choice for a VPN service. There are an additional SSTP and L2TP/IPSec support available to some of the users. You can get a special deal of 3 months for free if you get the yearly plan.
5. Octane VPN is a solid virtual private network service provider that offers power and speed. You can use the service as frequently as you want.
This provider really stands out among others by offering access to servers based in over 40+ countries and 80 cities. If you’re curious about the details, vpnalert.com has a well-written review. Worth to mention that their software works with all major security protocols. However, there is one drawback, they don’t offer a free trial.