So, you’ve spent time listening to one another’s audio messages on chat line numbers, and now you’re looking to engage in a real-time chat. Conversing on the phone for the very first time can be a nerve-wracking experience since first impressions are not unimportant.
Here are some tips to ensure that first phone contact with freechatlines.com and the following potential date goes smoothly:
1. Be bubbly and talkative. Keep in mind that the person on the other end can’t see your facial expressions and physical gestures, the only thing they have to go off of is the tone of your voice. So, make sure you sound cheerful and engaged.
2. Avoid giving yes or no answers to questions. Short answers can come across as cold, so be sure to elaborate and give the other person some further insights into your personality and life. Be sure to have questions ready to ask them and do your best to keep the conversation flowing naturally by asking lots of none confrontational, open-ended questions.
3. Remember that your first phone chat is not a job interview. Give yourself permission to relax and enjoy the conversation. Be yourself and avoid interrogating your potential date. Don’t think you have to learn everything there is to know about the person in one conversation – keep some talking points for your first date.
4. Turn off all distractions and give the person your undivided attention. Don’t make the person feel like they are interrupting your day by having a TV show or computer game audio playing in the background. Be attentive and respond appropriately.
5. Don’t try to force a conversation. If the words aren’t flowing naturally, allow the conversation to come to an end. Don’t just start asking dozens of questions for the sake of asking questions.
6. Most importantly: always be yourself!