The printed circuit board represents a product that initially bonds and connects the electronic components that are needed for a device to functions. These are found in almost any electronic product – from pagers to high-tech computer systems. And there are three main construction types – single sided, double sided as well as the most popular multi-layered one.
It is important to note that no PCB is same and each has its unique features and design depending on what the product asks for. There are two main methods of connecting the electronic components – by using the old-school, through hole technology “or the now popular, surface mount technology.” It depends on the type of PCB that should be made as well as what the company is manufacturing the printed circuit board.
Anyways, the importance of it is pretty clear, but let’s see what are the exact benefits of including one in your electronic product!
What Is So Good About PCBs
1. First of all, a printed circuit board is pretty easy to repair. In case anything goes wrong, you will diagnose the damage very fast, and as all the electronic components are properly labeled, you will have no problem replacing the same.
2. Along with that, it is safe to say that printed circuit board is so conventional exactly because of the compact size it comes in. It will leave more than enough space in your device for all the other components, and as it connects the electronics using copper tracks rather than wires, it presents as less bulky as well.
3. What is really important if you want your device to functions properly is that the electronic components do not move. And as PCB has solder flux included that bonds the components tightly, the same will be immune to movement unless when the printed circuit board is moved.
4. It is also a time saver the traditional methods of connecting the exact components can take much longer.
5. Along with that, as the components are tightly connected, there will be no risk of a short circuit, and the noise will be almost unnoticeable. It can be pretty annoying listening to the electronic noise that unproperly bound components can produce.
6. Last but not least, along with the fact that a printed circuit board is among the most reliable things out there, it is pretty cheap as well. As mass produced, you will be able to pay a PCB much less than you would for a traditional component-connecting method.
Where To Order A PCB
There are many companies offering their PCB manufacturing services, but our choice after we have done thorough research surely is the RayMing PCB Manufacturing one. They offer a wide range of services – from the full and partial turn-key assembly, to flex, metal and standard PCB production as well as electronic and PCBA regular testing. The company has a team of qualified experts, and there is 24/7 customer support in case anything goes wrong. As no PCB is the same it is pretty important that you can order a board that is just suited for your device – you name the specifications (material, design, and type – one-sided, double-sided, multi-layered) and the board will be done anywhere from a few days to a month (depending on the complexity. Overall, ordering a PCB from a mass-producing company is your best choice as you are sure to get the wanted quality and it is pretty cheap as well!
In conclusion, we can only be thankful for the fact that PCBs are now mass produced, and that you are able to include it in your electronic device without it being a major investment. The PCB advantages over traditional methods are numerous and named, and apart from the fact that PCB is maybe not the best for a heavy current (copper tracks are thin) it surely is your best choice!