Melissa Witulski, an operational manager from a prestigious house cleaning company named Merry Maids stresses regular cleaning of your floor before the floor cleaning tasks become unmanageable. But for people like Mr. Jack, regular cleaning of the floor might not be sustainable since you already have your working hours behind your back. All our gratitude to the technological advancements in the 21st century, now you can manage both your office and housecleaning at the same time.
According to VacuumsAdvisor, here are some things you should consider before buying a vacuum cleaner for your hardwood floors:
Understanding the type of dirt that you would be creating:
I can understand how you are feeling about the title written above. Do we even get to choose the type of dirt we produce? Actually, yes. You have to understand the fact that 60 percent of the dirt that you produce are bi-products of your lifestyle, the other 40 percent are common to everyone.
So, what’s so important with knowing what we will be creating? Well, actually vacuum cleaners come with different types, having features that are applicable for different purposes. That means when you’ve figured out about your dirt then you know what type of cleaning you are expecting from your vacuum cleaner.
For example, if you own a pet, then you might need a different type of cleaning than the ones who don’t. Also, you might be allergic to some objects which would require much-specialized cleaning.
Weight of the vacuum cleaner:
Visiting a vacuum cleaner store gives you a variety of options to choose from. Most common ones being called upright vacuum cleaner or cylinder vacuum cleaner or stick vacuum cleaner. Cylinder vacuum cleaners are usually the heavier ones and the stick vacuum cleaners are much lighter along with the feature of portability.
However, there are some trade-offs when you choose one type over the other. For example, although stick vacuum cleaners are lighter and portable, their canister is also a bit smaller in comparison with the cylinder vacuum cleaners, which makes storing a troublesome task to handle. In our case, we would definitely opt for a lighter one, heavier ones can leave scratches on the floor and also cause a deformity in your floor.
Wheels of the vacuum cleaner:
You can still choose heavier vacuum cleaners if you choose a bit wisely. You can observe that the wheels of the vacuum cleaners also come up with different types. But for our case, you must choose a vacuum cleaner with rubber wheels instead of plastic wheels. Plastic wheels can easily put nasty scratches on the floor, whereas the rubber wheels can easily adjust with the wooden surface and most importantly, are risk-free from leaving any scratch on your floors.
The structure of your house:
Your home décor is also important in determining the right vacuum cleaner. Having stairs in your home can make things more difficult. In that case, you might want to invest in an upright vacuum cleaner if you want to keep your back pain away. Cylinder models will suit better in homes that are comparatively smaller with a lot of stairs. Cordless stick vacuums come in handy in various cases but they might not be suitable for bigger homes.
These are the tips for getting you the perfect vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors. Always keep in mind that cleanliness is a necessity for a healthy lifestyle and it cannot be achieved with ill cleaning practices. So, always make sure that your cleaning practices do not hamper your health physically or mentally.