Emergency Shifting? It’s Saturday night and you have to leave by Monday morning? The first thing you must do is relax and breathe for a good five minutes. Yes, this is the most important thing to start with. If you panic, the situation may end up getting worse.
If you think shifting in a single day is not possible, you are wrong. Anything and everything is possible. Be optimistic, make a plan and work. Read the blog underneath and you can have all the to-do list ready with you for your move on a short notice period of 24 hours.
Packing Your Home in 24 Hours
Before you seriously start with packing, spend some time with paper and pen. Think and plan. Make sure you involve each and every family member in your packing. Things are easier when done together. Now consider the following tips:
- Make a list of things you want to carry with yourself. Starting with the bulkier and bigger things first. Do not just think but write it down. Once you have the checklist ready, paste it in your living room from where it is easily accessible to everyone.
- Gather all the things that are useful for packing in one place. The list may include moving boxes, marker, packing tape, packing paper, scissors or any other thing as per your personalized requirement.
- Do not start drawing off all the things unnecessarily and creating a mess. In case you are carrying your wardrobe, just dismantle it as it is. Do not empty the almirah and fill the stuff in bags to increase the luggage. Lock it properly and then directly put it in the transportation.
- Ask one of your family members to make moving arrangements. All of you just do not jump off into the packing process. Ask him to find a good moving company that can help you with loading, unloading, and transportation if packing is not an option due to lack of time.
- Start your packing from one place at a time. All of you gather in one room, pack according to your checklist and shift to another room. Do not spread all around your home to simply waste your time without gaining any fruitful result.
- Take a day off from your kitchen. Order food from outside or seek favor from your nearby friends or family. It will save you a considerable amount of time.
- Get up early in the morning. Starting earlier will fetch you a few extra hours.
- Call an electrician to disconnect all your appliances like TV, geysers, ACs or anything you want to carry along. You must focus on packing and take professional help wherever necessary.
- Label all the things you have packed and keep moving to a commonplace. All the things that have been packed must not be scattered here and there but stay at a single place.
- Pack your kitchen in the last. Even if you are not cooking, it is the place in the house that is used most. You may need it to prepare tea, coffee or anything if you have kids or pets along.
- Also, keep packing the things to donate and to sell in different trash bags side by side. You are not going to fetch any extra time for it. Be very honest with yourself while choosing the items to take along. Make sure only useful things find their way with you to your new home.
Follow the things as per the guidelines in the blog and you would surely succeed to pack in a day. You might have to work for prolonged hours for one day without any rest but it is surely going to help you.