No matter if you want to sell or buy yourself a house there are some regulations and steps in each country that you have to follow. Don’t get us wrong, it is not that hard especially if you are there at the right time, but you can’t sell or find an adequate house overnight unless you are really lucky.
The USA regulations when it comes to buying/selling a house is pretty different comparing to for example principles that are in the UK. For example, in USA real estate agents do much more of work as they represent you as a buyer or a seller for more than one offer. He is also there as your qualified advisor to tell you if he thinks the proposal is to be accepted or declined. Of course, you pay him a reasonable fixed fee for all of this work, but it is worth it.
Now, let’s take a look at some tips on how to buy/sell a house in the USA and what are the steps you go through!
Buying A House In The USA
- Finding Your Realtor. As mentioned in the section above, you will need a good realtor to go trouble-free true the whole house buying process. And you should look for a NAR licensed agent as most of the states in the USA demand that. It is in no way hard to find a proper realtor as there are multiple websites online when the same are represented. Try to look for the few that seem to fill in your criteria, and call them for an interview.
- Interviewing And Choosing Your Real Estate Agent. Once you have found a few suitable realtors call them over for an interview if they can meet in person, or do it over the telephone. Try to get an answer about the percentage of satisfied clients for the past few years, if they are a full-time agent, do they have their own blog or a website, as well as if there is a way they can see the testimonies of the completed transactions. After you have decided, be sure to sign a buyer’s agency agreement by which the realtor owes you trust, honesty and you owe him disclosure.
- Selecting A Mortgage Lender. When buying a house, you will probably need to lend some money, and that is what mortgage lenders are for. Find few either online or by recommendations and visit them in order to get valuable info. Ask them about the down payment, what would the monthly payments be as well as what are the available loan programs and fixed interests. Once you find one that suits you the most, make a deal with them.
- Finding The Right Home. After this, you are free to go along with your realtor and find the right home suitable just for you. Specify your demands and look through all the online offerings as well as the ones that are a paper. Once you find a home, it is time to negotiate a deal through your realtor and be sure to invite an inspection before closing off anything. This way you will know if everything is fine with the house as is, and it doesn’t ask for any hidden expenses.
- Closing Of The Deal. Once you have agreed on the deal, you sign and ratify a contract and pay a deposit. This money stays in the Trust fund before you close of the deal when it gets back to you. Through closing the deal, you are getting the rights of the ownership, and the funds are transferred to the seller. Methods vary from state to state, so your realtor will be informing you on the right ones.
Selling A House In The USA
- Decide If It Is The Right Time. So you want to earn money quickly, and maybe move to a smaller house? But, before taking any steps to be sure to know if it would maybe be more worth it to rent it for now instead of selling. Once you inspected and researched the real estate market condition, you are free to continue.
- Call An Inspection And Hire A Realtor. Before publishing your house, be sure to check if everything is fine with it and if not fix it. This way you will get more money, and the buyers are gonna be left trouble-free, which they surely appreciate. Along with that hiring, a licensed realtor is a good idea, as he will make publishing and selling the house much easier.
- Publishing The House Offer. Decide on a reasonable price and publish your offer on multiple websites and papers using your realtor as a consultant. Very soon after, you can expect interested buyers, and that’s where negotiating Websites like Dany Buys Houses offer really good deals in a short period of time. Check that out!
- Closing The Deal. Once you met the buyer and you have negotiated through your realtor, ratify a contract and finally close of the deal, transferring the ownership and receiving the much-needed funds!
As you can see, it takes just a bit of time and research, and you are good to go whether it’s you want to acquire or sell a house. Believe us, getting a good realtor will save you from a lot of troubles, and the fees you pay him are nothing comparing to the benefits of his service!