Buckingham Palace

Princess Beatrice is Forced to Cancel her Wedding

Princess Beatrice and her fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi officially canceled their upcoming royal wedding.  It was previously scheduled to occur on May 29, but the coronavirus pandemic prevented it from happening.

The 31-year-old daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson was supposed to marry the 37-year-old financier at St. James’s Palace in London, and the reception would be hosted in the gardens at Buckingham Palace.

Their spokesperson said that they have canceled the wedding and that they will rearrange it for another date.

Source:globaldomainsnews.com

‘There are no plans to switch venues or hold a bigger wedding,’ the source added. ‘They aren’t even thinking about their wedding at this time. There will come a time to rearrange, but that’s not yet.’

This news came hours after the UK government announced the nationwide lockdown would continue for at least three more weeks.

There was some information earlier that the couple had canceled the reception but that they were planning to marry in a smaller private ceremony with their friends and family.

Their source told the newspaper:

‘There won’t be a reception. The wedding may be just them and a chaplain. It all depends on what happens over the next few weeks, but there will be no big gathering.’

Source:townandcountrymag.com

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson added: ‘Princess Beatrice and Mr. Mapelli Mozzi are very much looking forward to getting married but are equally aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks in the current circumstances.

‘In line with government advice for the UK and beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements for May 29.’

Meghan Markle and Her Husband Prince Harry Name Their Nonprofit

Despite having an idea of naming their nonprofit organization SussexRoyal which was quashed by the Buckingham Palace, the Duke and Duchess have decided on a final name: Archewell.

Source:youtube

The pair stated that even though their full attention is on the current coronavirus epidemic and the efforts of fighting COVID-19, they felt like sharing with the public where the name came from: the word Arche in Greek which symbolizes the origins of an action. It is a perfect name for a charity organization, but the pair didn’t stop there – they were so inspired by that concept that they gave their son the same name – Archie.

Source:express.co.uk

The name was supposed to remain a secret until Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s official statement, but some journalists were able to discover it at the Trademark Office, and thus they were forced into commenting on it sooner.

Queen is Moving from Buckingham Palace due to Coronavirus

/

Queen Elizabeth II is moving to Windsor Castle for Easter, week earlier than usual.

The monarch, 93, usually takes up an official residence at the castle for a month over the Easter holidays. It seems like she will stay there longer this year as the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread around the UK.

Source:naughtygossip.com

Traditionally, Queen Elizabeth hosts occasional ‘dine and sleep’ events for the guests, which include politicians and public figures. However, changes must be made this year.

Also, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will be received at Buckingham Palace this week, and also the Commanding Officer of the HMS Queen Elizabeth and the Bishop of Hereford. However, public events with a massive number of people will now be canceled or postponed.

Source:clicklancashire.com

This also includes annual Maundy Service at St George’s Chapel on April 9, and the three Garden Parties held by the Queen in May. The two additional Garden Parties for the Not Forgotten Association and the National Trust will also be cancelled.

No Pomp and Ceremony for Trump’s Visit to London

/

The carriage procession up the Mall and the official banquet at the Buckingham Palace are two staples of highest-ranking foreign dignitaries visits to the UK, an honor awarded to many of the previous American presidents. However, Mr. Trump will be exempt from this, during his “working visit” to London in July.

The long-awaited visit will finally take place, and President Trump will be welcomed to the Downing Street, where he will discuss matters with the UK Prime Minister Theresa May, but the meeting with the Queen and other members of the royal family is still not set.

President Trump was set to visit the UK and open a new billion-dollar embassy in January last year, but the overwhelming opposition from the British public caused him to cancel the trip. Even MPs joined the fray, declaring that they won’t let Trump address the Parliament. He claimed that he decided not to go in protest over President Obama selling of the old embassy “for peanuts” although the deal was concluded during the term of President Bush.

The visit was arranged during the Davos meeting, where to leaders met. President Trump will come to London after the NATO summit in Brussels, scheduled for mid-July.

Source:flipboard

Faced with looming Brexit, the UK is eager to maintain as close relationship with Washington as possible and conclude a favorable trade deal, and Mrs. May is willing to overlook many of the Trump’s antics in order to achieve that goal. Despite that, he managed to rattle her last year by retweeting far-right organization Britain First’s announcements. Mrs. May reacted quickly and sent a message that such behavior is unacceptable. Two leaders seemed to have mended their relationship since then, as both countries took part in strikes against Syria in early April. It remains to be seen whether they can remain on cordial terms, despite Mr. Trump’s rhetoric and America Frist strategy.

Source: theguardian.com