So, how will search engine optimization change in 2019? What new trends will appear, what old ways will stop being used? Like technology, SEO is constantly changing. It is switching to the point where it will be difficult to keep up with it.
Before we start with the top SEO trends for 2019, it is important to know what SEO is. According to Jacksonville SEO Company – Hills Agency, SEO is optimizing your website in order to get higher ranking within the search engines, which are commonly Google and Bing. Whenever a visitor searches for a keyword, the goal is that your website or business appears on top of the suggested results for what they have searched.
Here are the top SEO trends that you will need to know in 2019:
- Voice search – voice search is becoming more and more popular at a faster rate. The more mobile Internet grows, the further we get from the good old traditional typing. The goal is to teach computers how to understand our speech, and that is where the future lays. And the path to it is voice search SEO. Recent research suggests that 50% of all searches will be done by voice searches in the future.
- Video optimization – voice search is not the only SEO fad that is taking over, videos are too. They are a popular information medium, which makes them a good source of customers if used wisely. Keep in mind that your video will need to be perfect for ranking on YouTube; they will not be able to get to the top without optimizing them with carefully chosen words.
- Quality content development – content that is high in quality opens a route to high Google rankings. But, what does that mean? What kind of content is „high-quality“ content? It is easy to understand if you keep in mind that the content is meant for the users. When they search for something on Google, their hope is that they will find something that will satisfy their needs. When you think about the users’ search intention into consideration, you will be able to prepare content that will be able to provide them the necessary information.
- Protection of user data – cybersecurity is a big deal. At the beginning of the year, the EU announced the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation which gives users more control over their private information that they provide to sites. While the goal is to make the user data safer, there are still plenty of vulnerabilities that could be exploited by third parties. 2019 will most certainly present everyone with more data protection, as well as more ways to make our online experience more secure.
- Uninterrupted user experience – the experience of users on a website is perhaps, the most important thing to think about and because of this, business owners who would like to keep earning money through their sites should do their best to guarantee a good user experience. This means that your website needs to be easy-to-understand, has a low page load time, has no technical issues, and it will need to have a creative design. A website is the first thing your customers will look at, and it needs to give a good first impression.
- Influencer marketing – it is good to have someone important or popular vouch for you, your company, or products. Nowadays, there is a lot of competition and you will want people to know that you are only there for them. There are many strategies and techniques that companies use, but the one that is trending now is involving an influencer in your marketing campaign. To do that, you will need to contact an influencer, and luckily, there are plenty of them on social media.
There are many changes happening in today’s cyber world, including the ones in the SEO world. It is exciting and a little bit frightening at the same time, but one thing is clear and that is that emerging and older technologies all have an impact on SEO.