Source:the-sun.com

Princess Beatrice is Forced to Cancel her Wedding

Princess Beatrice and her fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi officially canceled their upcoming royal wedding.  It was previously scheduled to occur on May 29, but the coronavirus pandemic prevented it from happening.

The 31-year-old daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson was supposed to marry the 37-year-old financier at St. James’s Palace in London, and the reception would be hosted in the gardens at Buckingham Palace.

Their spokesperson said that they have canceled the wedding and that they will rearrange it for another date.

Source:globaldomainsnews.com

‘There are no plans to switch venues or hold a bigger wedding,’ the source added. ‘They aren’t even thinking about their wedding at this time. There will come a time to rearrange, but that’s not yet.’

This news came hours after the UK government announced the nationwide lockdown would continue for at least three more weeks.

There was some information earlier that the couple had canceled the reception but that they were planning to marry in a smaller private ceremony with their friends and family.

Their source told the newspaper:

‘There won’t be a reception. The wedding may be just them and a chaplain. It all depends on what happens over the next few weeks, but there will be no big gathering.’

Source:townandcountrymag.com

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson added: ‘Princess Beatrice and Mr. Mapelli Mozzi are very much looking forward to getting married but are equally aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks in the current circumstances.

‘In line with government advice for the UK and beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements for May 29.’


Ricardo is a freelance writer specialized in politics. He is with foreignpolicyi.org from the beginning and helps it grow. Email: richardorland4[at]gmai.com