Being in a relationship is a lovely thing and though it has its ups and downs being with someone you love and having their support is one of the best things out there. Yet finding the right person isn’t that easy especially in the times we are living in, and you have to go through various situations and dates in order to find your soul mate.
Now, dates are a problem for most people and not any dates – but the first ones. People think that the first date is something they should be scared of, and that is the only reason it doesn’t go as well. There isn’t much science to having an amazing first date, and the number one thing is to be yourself and don’t pretend to be someone you are not. This will release you of a huge burden and anxiety that is on you.
Let’s take a look at some DOs and DONTs when it comes to a first date!
What You Shouldn’t Do On A First Date
1. First and foremost, you shouldn’t be late. And though you might think it is attractive (especially if you are a girl) being late on purpose isn’t fun or hot. So be sure to start preparing on time and show your partner that you really care by arriving on time.
2. Along with that, don’t look at your phone all the time. This is rude, and your partner will think that you are not interested or simply bored. Unless you are reminding yourself about tips from the best internet dating website out there (LoL) or making an urgent call put your phone aside and enjoy the time with your date.
3. Also, you shouldn’t talk only about yourself, but you shouldn’t ask too much interview questions either. Instead, enjoy a relaxed and spontaneous conversation where both of you will learn something about another through careful listening and chit-chat.
4. Don’t be wishy-washy. Saying this no one likes a person (especially on a first date) that changes an opinion every few minutes. If you made a deal to go to a pizza restaurant although you don’t like pizza (but you didn’t tell) don’t be moody and nervous once you are there. Instead, try to figure out a place that is suitable for both and enjoy your time.
What To Do On A First Date
1. First of all, you should dress comfortably. Although you should look nice on a first date, it doesn’t mean that you should wear something you are not used to or don’t like. This can only increase the chances of your anxiety, and insecurity. Instead, wear the proven clothing combinations, and don’t think too much about it.
2. Relax and have fun. As many suggest, there is no point in being nervous as it can only worsen the situation. Instead inhale deeply and try to enjoy yourself. Very soon you will find you two cracking jokes like you have been partners for quite a long time.
3. Listen carefully. As mentioned above it is really important to listen while your partner talks. This way you will get to learn something more about them, and it is polite as well. Also, your partner will appreciate the fact that you are interested in the topic.
4. Last but not least be yourself and say things how they stand. Pretending will not lead you anywhere! Instead show your personality (no one is perfect, and flaws are absolutely normal), and your partner will absolutely love it.
As you might know, most of the people fear first dates as they think the impression will make or break the situation, and that they will not have another chance. This is not true, and exactly this kind of thinking made lead you to failure. Instead relax, enjoy your time, and everything will come to its place!