Canada is a wonderful country to live in. It has an underestimated reputation as being one of the friendliest countries in the world. Not only this but it is also widely considered to be one the safest countries to live in. So if you are thinking about where you would like to move, then Canada may be one of the best options. You can use the Fee4Bee hiring platform to find a licensed immigration consultant in Canada for quickly and in hassles moving.
Why move to Canada?
The benefits of moving to Canada are many. Enchanting nature, friendly people, but the main thing is a standard of living that will allow you to breathe deeply and enjoy every day. Family-oriented and laid-back, Canada has consistently ranked 9th in the overall 2021 HSBC Survey of Immigration Explore.
More than two hundred nationalities inhabit this country. Many of them live closely together and have preserved their culture and way of life. Here you can immerse yourself in the ethnic features of immigrant peoples of the past, as well as meet many indigenous peoples who keep their traditions to the present day.
One of the most important things to know before moving to Canada is that health care in Canada is cheaper than in the United States. Canadian residents are protected by a variety of programs aimed at insuring the health of their populace. This means that you will be able to visit a family doctor for routine check-ups or even surgery for free.
In addition to the benefits of being an American expat to Canada, is the ability to speak one language almost all over the country. After a while, you will find it easy to understand the Canadian accent. Most Americans who live in Canada speak English so understanding how to speak and hear the Canadian accent is just a matter of habit and does not present any great difficulties.
And one of the biggest things that you will want to do when considering moving abroad is to make sure that you do all of your planning before you leave on your journey.
Most in-demand professions in Canada
Many companies are happy to provide jobs to Americans who want to immigrate to Canada. If you are a good specialist and your profession is in demand, you can get an invitation to work. This will greatly simplify the paperwork when moving. The most in-demand industries in Canada are:
|Rate||Specialty||Average salary per year|
|1||Registered nurse||CA $74 350|
|2||IT manager||CA $84 120|
|3||Cyber Security Specialist||CA $91 000|
|4||Data scientist||CA $79 450|
|5||Accountant||CA $73 750|
|6||Electrical engineer||CA $52 400|
|7||Sales manager||CA $50 250|
|8||Pharmacist||CA $67 700|
|9||Truck driver||CA $46 200|
|10||Farmworkers||CA $39 225|
If you have worked in the United States for some time, many companies are anxious to hire you because of the skills that you possess. There are also different types of business immigration programs available to strong specialists in some of the most in-demand industries.
Moving to Canada requirements from the US
There are various immigration programs available for people who are interested in moving to Canada. Therefore, you should take all necessary steps to find out what is required in order for the immigration process to go smoothly. And then find the proper visa and permits required. Let’s take a look at what you exactly need.
- Visa. The easiest way to get is a visitor visa, but it is only relevant if you are going to Canada for six months. When planning to stay longer, it is better to take care of a work or study visa.
- Work permission. Without it, you will not be legally able to work in Canada. The easiest way for immigration to Canada is to acquire a job offer. If you are going to set up a business it can also simplify obtaining a Canadian visa. Therefore, the first thing that you should do when considering your options in Canada is to find a way to provide documentation that ensures you are legally able to work in Canada.
- Travel insurance. To move you will need a travel insurance policy with comprehensive coverage. Your internal American health insurance will probably not work for Canada.
- Valid and up-to-date passport. Check your main document – valid passport or passport card. The deadline must cover the time of your stay and have three months validity after you leave the country.
- Bank proof of funds. A statement from your bank is fine. You will have to prove a certain amount of money to the period while you would be in Canada for yourself, your spouse, and your dependent children, even if they are not traveling with you. You can calculate how much money you need to immigrate to Canada. You do not have to provide proof of funds if you have a valid offer to work in Canada.
- A place to stay. In addition to the documents applying, many immigrants to Canada experience difficulty searching for a residence in some of the cities. Take care of getting recommendations from your previous landlords. This will greatly facilitate the search for housing.
Unless you have an employer in Canada who can support your visa, applying for a work permit is one of the first things you need to do once you arrive in Canada. Adaptation of your resume in Canadian format is crucial. A medical exam and a police certificate may be required on rare occasions.
When it comes to the issue of business immigration, there are a variety of different immigration programs that you can become involved in. For example, individual entrepreneurs can become eligible to work in Canada while establishing their businesses. You can learn more details about business immigration, the requirements and benefits of expanding to Canada, and get professional help from atimmigrationlaw.com.
You may be eligible to apply for permanent immigration through Express Entry. It is a fast-tracked immigration program that allows you to live in the country and also visit from time to time. By registering with the points system, you will be able to increase your chances of being approved for immigration. In the Express entry, points are based on factors such as your age, educational level, professional qualifications, and work experience.