iPad is one of the precious and the most applauded electronic devices in the market. Though the iPad has a certain loyal customer-base, still its popularity is thriving hurriedly due to its smart look, exclusive features, and functions. If you are one of those iPad users, you need to use it very carefully so that it doesn’t get damaged easily. Though Apple claims that iPad screens are oil and fingerprint resistant, still they are not utterly smudge-proof. This means that your iPad screen can get engrossed by dust and grimes. But there are many ways which will help you to clean your iPad or iPhone screen properly without damaging your device.
If your screen is not cleaned after taking all the necessary steps, the best way is to take it to a service for an expert iPad screen fix. Now, let’s take a look at how can you clean your display properly.
But before that, you should know what to avoid while cleaning your iPad screen.
- Don’t use any type of spray: Apple’s support also claims that don’t use any kind of sprays like aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives while cleaning the screen of your iPad.
- Don’t leave your device plugged in: While cleaning your device make sure that no power cables are attached to your iPad. This point is also highlighted by Apple’s support for the safety of your device.
- Avoid paper towels, towels, hand towel, or other abrasive cloths: You should avoid all types of household cleaners while cleaning your iPad’s screen. Apple doesn’t encourage its users to use any towel, paper towel or other abrasive materials to clean their iPad’s display. Because according to them, these materials can cause severe damage to your iPad.
Now, we are going to describe how effectively can you clean your iPad screen without causing any damage.
- Unplugged your device: Before cleaning make sure that your device is unplugged properly.
- Turn on sleep mode: Turn on sleep mode or switch off your device completely before cleaning it.
- Use soft cloth: Always try to use a soft cloth which is completely lint and chemical free. You can use a similar kind of cloth that you used to clean your eyeglasses.
- Follow small circular motion: Don’t give too much pressure while cleaning your iPad screen. Rather use a small circular motion while cleaning the screen of your iPad.
- Can use dampen or wet cloth: If required, you can use a dampen (slightly wet with water) cloth to clean the screen. While you are using a dampened cloth to clean, always take some extra care and precautions. Because you don’t risk moisture to enter into your device and destroy your iPad. Many sources claim that a tiny amount of water is good while cleaning the screen, while others recommend using various cleaner solutions. But don’t directly apply any spray to the display of your iPad rather you can put a small volume of spray in the cloth and then, follow circular motion to clean the screen.
- Not use damp cloth in the perimeter: It would be a prudent decision for you if you don’t use a damp cloth along the perimeter of your iPad. Use only a dry, soft, lint and chemical free cloth to clean the perimeter or edges of your favourite iPad.
These are some tips which will help you to clean your iPad properly. These fruitful tips will make your device free from dust and grime and will also add a sheen to your gadget. These days, the markets are thronged with several types of cases which will keep your iPad safe from all the dust, grime, and moisture. If your iPad’s screen is still vague, then contact the nearest service centre.