An Amazon Firestick is a small device that provides you access to thousands of free movies, TV shows, sports channels, live channels, music channels, and more. An Amazon Firestick also works for Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and every television that works on the Fire TV operational system.
This guide is the latest guide on how to successfully jailbreak an Amazon Firestick, and it is fully compatible with the newest Fire TV 4K and latest updates.
What makes Amazon Firestick so desirable?
An Amazon Firestick offers you a platform where you can stream anything you want, all for a very low price. The Firestick is very easy to jailbreak, making it an even more desired device amongst people.
If you are not familiar with the term jailbreak, then we would be happy to tell you that jailbreak is a process of removing certain restrictions imposed by the manufacturer so that you can install unauthorized software.
Jailbreaking is mostly used for phones and tablets and many times when someone jailbreaks a device, they are asked to modify the firmware. Firmware is like the operating system for the device, but unlike most phones and tablets, you don’t need to modify anything when jailbreaking a Firestick.
When you jailbreak a Firestick, you get all the content (movies, TV shows, etc.) for free that you normally have to pay.
So how do you jailbreak a Firestick for free movies and TV shows?
- Step 1: Navigate to the home screen of your Firestick by pressing the home button on the remote
- Step 2: Navigate to the Settings menu
- Step 3: Select Preferences
- Step 4: Select the Privacy Settings submenu, make sure your Fire TV device is up to date
- Step 5: Navigate towards the “Device Usage Data” and “Collect App Usage Data” and turn them both off
- Step 6: Select Data Monitoring
- Step 7: Turn off Data Monitoring
- Step 8: Return to the previous screen and then select My Fire TV
- Step 9: Select Developer Options
- Step 10: Select Apps from Unknown Source, and turn it on
- Step 11: You have now successfully jailbreak Firestick for free movies and TV shows
But we are not done yet. Stick around and we will show you how to download and install an application called “Downloader” straight from the Amazon App Store.
This app will allow you to download and install various apps that are unavailable on the Amazon App Store, and this app is a must-have for your Amazon Firestick. Downloading this app will allow you to enjoy even more free movies, TV shows, sports channels and more.
How to Install Alternative Apps for your Jailbroken Firestick
- Step 1: Navigate towards the home screen on your Firestick
- Step 2: Hover over the search icon and type “Downloader” in the search bar
- Step 3: Select the Downloader icon, which is a white arrow on an orange background
- Step 4: Download the app
- Step 5: Open the app and allow access
- Step 6: Agree to everything by pressing OK
- Step 7: On the left side of the screen, select and press the Settings menu
- Step 10: Navigate back to the home screen of the Downloader app
- Step 11: In the search bar, type the desired app
Follow this guide to get the best platform for free movies, TV shows, sports channels, live channels, documentaries, and more.