Australia has a natural attraction for job-seekers. The continent needs skilled workers and for that it issues working visas effectively. The country is known for its amazing growth in the job sector. With amazing job opportunities, workers get attracted towards this country like swarms of bees.
In 2013, the government of Australia started the General Skilled Migration Program in place of the Australian skilled worker visas. Skilled workers are given the first preference in this program and they easily qualify to get a visa. You can get to know more about it at evisa.express.
For that, they need to submit an Expression of Interest to a program called SkillSelect. The government of Australia or the employer may nominate the applicant for it.
The Skillset is designed in a way to check the skills of applicants under a point-based system. It ensures that only workers who have the required skills get selected. The applicants are marked under the following criteria:
- Age: Applicants between 25-2=32 years score maximum points. People above 45 years do not score any points. They need to be at least 18 years of age so that they can at least apply for the work permit visa in Australia.
- Proficiency in English:Applicants need to appear for IELTS. They are awarded 20 points for scoring eight bands or higher.
- Experience:Applicants who are skilled in any occupation listed under the Skilled Occupation list get points according to their years of experience. They can score a maximum of 20 points.
- Australian qualification:Those who have lived and studied in regional Australia score additional points.
- Professional Year:Those who have completed one professional year in Australia within the last five years score 5 points. People need to score at least 60 points to qualify under the General Skilled Migrant Program.
- Skills and qualifications of spouse/partner:In case an applicant has added the partner or spouse in the application- their application will count towards the total points. However, the partner or spouse should not be an Australian citizen.
- Employer nomination scheme:The companies sponsor the permanent work visa under the employee nomination scheme.
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) VISA:The employees are allowed to work two to four hours under the TSS visa. The companies which hire applicants based on this are bound to pay them the salary available in the market.
The applicants must be below 45 years to be eligible for this and have minimum job experience of two years. Their work duration depends upon the requirement of the employee.
- Working Holiday Visa:People who are between 18 and 30 years of age, and who wish to work and holiday in Australia for up to a year may apply for this. The applicants need to hold a valid passport from some eligible country to qualify for it.
Australia Work permit visa process:
The people need to follow many steps to get Australia Work permit. They should seek the help of a professional agency to get the Visa processed. The reason is that Australian immigration laws are complex.
The applicants need to meet several criteria when they apply for the work permit visa. The steps are as follows:
- The applicants should fix the Category for which the applicant is eligible.
- They need to fill up an online application belonging to the suitable category.
- The applicants need to ensure that the requirements of the points-based assessment are met.
- They must ensure that the employer fills up an online nomination/sponsorship form before the applicant may apply for it.
- The applicant needs to submit the required information and to support documents along with the application.
- They should pay the application fee to process it.
- IELTS is a crucial language proficiency test. It determines how fluent the candidate is in English. The score of IELTS is essential to obtain a work visa in Australia since English is the primary language of the continent. It becomes even more vital if the applicant is from some other nation like India or China.
So, appearing for the IELTS is an excellent step to get a work permit in Australia. It takes 2-5 months to process it. The applicants may travel to Australia for work purpose only after the Visa is processed.
The requirements depend upon the type of work visa for which the candidate is applying. The applicants should seek the help of an Australian Immigration Specialist.
Some general requirements are as follows:
- The Skilled Occupation list must have the name of the job for which the person has been listed in.
- A recognized Australian Assessing Authority needs to assess the skills of the application.
- The health needs and the character needs of the applicant must be met.
The applicants need to submit a few essential documents to get an Australian Visa. The papers are as follows:
- Proof of proficiency in English (IELTS or TOEFL).
- Documents of Health insurance
- Provide educational or employment documents
The fees are subject to change. They are increasing gradually.
In case the price increases between the date when the applicant lodges the application and the immigration department receives it, he or she would need to pay the revised fees. However, the applicant needs to ensure that he or she has available funds to cover surcharges.
Types Of work visa:
There are different types of work visa in Australia. Some of the are as follows:
- Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189).
- Skilled nominated Visa (subclass 190)
- Temporary work (prolonged stay activity visa (subclass 401).
The requirement for each type is different.
The applicants need to keep in mind that they need to pay the application charges in Australian dollars. The amount will be delivered along with the application.
Conclusion: People should seek professional help to get a work visa for Australia. The professional makes the work visa process smooth.