Divorce can be traumatic and worst of all, spending your money on attorneys and court fees. But you don’t have to make the situation such a burden on your shoulders when you can go for another simpler and way cheaper option – an online divorce. Online divorce is the only fastest means of ending your distressing marriage, and it is not only the fastest means but also saves you a lot of money because you wouldn’t have to spend a dime on attorney fees and other causalities.
You can search on the internet for top-rated online companies that offer free divorce papers, follow the instructions and file for divorce online. Within 2-3 days, your divorce papers have already been signed a judge making the divorce official and hence, breaking free from such heartbreaking relationship. However, an online divorce doesn’t just work that way unless you follow the requirements and what are those things required from you when filing for divorce online?
1. IT HAS TO BE AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE IF YOU WANT IT TO WORK! – Now if you want an inexpensive divorce where you don’t have to hire a lawyer or go to court for a series of trials because of some unresolved critical problems regarding the divorce. Then sit with your spouse and talk about it. If either of you wishes to divorce the other, this certainly requires both parties to agree on certain things and what are those things?
2. Child Custody: In here, you both are going to decide on who is keeping the child after divorce? Is it going to be you? Or your fellow spouse? It is up to you both to sit and talk about child custody because this is one of the most important topics in every divorce case, be it an uncontested divorce or a contested divorce.
3. Alimony or Spousal support: Here deals with who is making the payments for supporting the other after the divorce? Especially when it has to do with financially assisting the other spouse who is taking care of the child.
4.Visitations: The court grants visitation rights to spouses that would not be keeping the child but will be visiting at specific hours. Which means if it is you who is going to be taking care of the child, then your husband or wife will have to do the visiting.
5. Division of debt: Here, you and your spouse can divide the debts which either of you owes. There could be student loans, bank loans or what so ever. If you and your wife or husband can share these debts between yourselves without any issue, then hiring an attorney during this process wouldn’t be needed.
6. Division of assets: This is where the main problem hits, especially when it has to deal with expensive properties or an estate. Then maybe an attorney should be brought in to resolve the whole issue. However, if you and your spouse can peacefully divide these properties equally without any further complications, you may not see the need to bring an experienced attorney or family lawyer into the matter.
Settling these divorce problems can create an inexpensive divorce, and you wouldn’t have to go through stressful events since the matters of the divorce have already been sorted out. You can get an official divorce without a lawyer by just making the divorce an uncontested one and following every procedure needed to make it successful. So if you are sure that your divorce is an uncontested divorce, check on the internet for your state’s website which they will offer free do-it-yourself divorce papers for you and apply for divorce.
Many states offer free do-it-yourself divorce papers online. You can download these papers through their websites and fill them out when you like. Some state’s websites will also give you some instructions to follow for completing the divorce forms which you must if you want to ensure that there wouldn’t be any mistakes while filing for divorce online. If you can’t find the divorce forms online, you can check your clerk’s office or the court clerk who handles divorce cases and ask for an uncontested divorce package. Many states will have all the free uncontested divorce packages available at the courthouse. You should get the correct divorce forms or download the right forms online. Also, take note that these divorce forms can vary depending on your situation like if you and your spouse have children, or if you both don’t have any kids. These forms are different for couples who have children and couples who don’t have any child at all.
However, DIY divorces only work if you have an uncontested divorce, as already explained earlier. It is always advisable to have an attorney review your divorce papers, to ensure that you don’t make any mistakes and you have followed the required process. Before you proceed with a do-it-yourself divorce, make sure your spouse is honest with his or her financial status and property without hiding any information from you. But if you are not sure about it and you are a victim of domestic violence, or you had a long married life with this person, then you should consult an attorney instead of filing for do-it-yourself divorce online. The same thing applies if you feel the agreement is only favoring your spouse, you can still seek assistance for an experienced family law attorney.
The Divorce Fee Wavier
If you are in a big financial crisis and you have no money at all for the divorce, you can file for a fee waiver. Each state has an indigent divorce or fee waiver procedure that allows you to apply for divorce and make a request from the judge to waive all the charges associated with the process. When you go to your local court, you can ask the clerk for the required divorce forms that would enable you to waive the court fees. This option is only available for those with limited finances while filing for divorce. Here are a few tips on how to start this particular process;
- Obtain the divorce forms online from your local divorce court’s website or use a reputable online divorce company, for example, www.completecase.com. You can also download the forms for asking for a fee waiver. Some of these sites provide instructions that will help you in filling divorce forms. If you can easily have access to your local courthouse, then the clerk can assist you with the divorce forms and instructions for filing them.
- Include financial proof of your income, debts, and tax returns to prove to the judge that you cannot afford the court fees. You will then get the divorce forms notarized by the bank or the clerk. Once you have done that, the court will further review your applications, and once the fee waiver is approved or deferred, you can continue with the case.
If you want to get a divorce without having to pay much, then try an online divorce. Online divorces are cheap and very easy. They do not involve much stress which could deteriorate your health. All you have to do is log in on the online divorce website, create an account and invite your spouse, file the initial petition, serve your spouse with the divorce documents, disclose your financial situation including your spouse, negotiate with him or her to come to a final agreement regarding the terms and conditions. Finally, you will leave it to the website to put the settlement into an enforceable judgment and file the divorce documents in the court of your jurisdiction.