So, you have probably found a good house that you want to move to. Firstly, Congratulations! Finding a new house is a big challenge itself and you’ve done it. Now comes to the part where you have to move into the house.
If you are reading this article, then you might have already decided about hiring a moving company. Not to mention hiring a moving company is no less than a stress reliever. There is just so much work to be done like planning, getting boxes, packing, moving, etc. and one person can only do so much. Hiring a moving company will act as a huge stress reliever and you will be able to focus on other legal things.
But hiring a moving company is also a little challenging. There are so many companies to choose from and you need to be smart and evaluate them to find out the best moving companies. This is where we shine. We are here to help you give tips that will help you evaluate a good moving company.
5 Tips to evaluate a good moving company:
1. Check if they are local or national: – Hiring a local company to do the work might be a little cheaper but we definitely suggest you hire a national moving company, and there are some good reasons for that. Local movers might be cheap but National movers will always be more efficient. National movers will provide you with more manpower to do the job which will be way more efficient. For example, you might have to sign an important lease and you cannot do that because the movers are taking time to do the job.
2. Check if they provide estimates: – All good moving companies will provide you with proper estimates. If you see the company is providing you estimates just by asking the number of rooms you have, then chances are they are not professional. In fact, all the good companies will have one of their representatives reach your house and prepare a good estimate after seeing all the furniture and stuff you have. If the estimate is too low then you should be suspicious.
3. Do NOT pay any large deposits: – If the company asks you for a large deposit then chances are it’s a scam. No good company will ask you to deposit a large sum of money before the move is completed. You should always pay the minimum to no deposit before the move is done. After all, you are trusting them with all your valuable things and furniture. You should only pay after all your belongings are shifted and in fact, we recommend you to use a credit card for paying to avoid any fraudulent activity.
4. Check their licensing: – Before you finalize anything, make sure that the company has valid certifications and license. Usually, you can find proof of certification on their website but don’t feel shy to ask them in person, they can show it to any customer. In fact, it’s a wrong sign if they hesitate to show the license.
5. Ask for their recent clients: – Ask them for the clients they have served in the last 3 months. Often they can provide you with contact of clients they have previously worked with and you should call them up and ask what their experience was with the company. Also, look for reviews online as well.
There you go, 5 Tips for you to evaluate a moving company. Make sure to go through all of them and you will find the perfect company to suit your purpose. Good luck!