There’s something satisfying about walking into a clean kitchen, more so a clean kitchen sink. The sink is usually the focal point of any kitchen. Maybe it complimented the kitchen walls. Maybe you loved having a white kitchen sink.
At first, it was exciting having a white kitchen sink but with time you realized it’s difficult to maintain. Some pots will leave marks and it is highly prone to staining due to its regularity of usage. The good news is that it is possible to keep the sink pristine. Here is a step by step guide on how to clean a white kitchen sink!
Tips to Clean and brighten a white kitchen sink
No matter how often you clean your sink, it is bound to become dull. There are some effective methods to make it as bright as it was before.
1. Use hydrogen peroxide. First, take a spray bottle and fill it with hydrogen peroxide. You should then generously spray it on the sink and leave it to settle overnight. In the morning, rinse the sink and wipe it dry. You will be left with a shiny sink!
2. Scrub with ammonia and baking soda. You need to first make a mixture using warm water, ammonia, and baking soda. Add a quarter cup of ammonia and an equal amount of baking soda to a gallon of water and mix well. For the cleaning part, you should use a non-scratch sponge to prevent it from damaging the sink. Soak this sponge in the mixture and gently scrub the sink. Once you are done, rinse thoroughly to avoid leaving any on the sink.
3. Clean with vinegar. Over time, your sink is bound to be riddled with limescale. To get rid of this you should spray white vinegar all over your sink. Use a soft brush or sponge to clean it to void leaving marks on your sink. Rinse with clean water once you are done and pat to dry. The best part about using vinegar is that it also disinfects your sink.
4. Use chlorine bleach. Bleach is one of the most common methods of cleaning white sinks. For this method, you have to dilute the bleach with water. For each spray bottle, you should use one teaspoon of bleach. Generously spray the sink and leave it for a while. Use a soft brush or sponge to clean up the sink and then rinse with clean water. It is important to note that chlorine bleach damages metal faucets and drains so avoid spraying these areas.
5. Clean with a glass cleaner. Glass cleaners work perfectly because they contain ammonia which is a cleaning agent. You should spray the glass cleaner on the sink and allow it to settle for about a minute. Instead of rinsing it off, you should pat it dry with paper towels.
Effective tips on how you can remove stubborn stains.
Sometimes, even after cleaning your sink, you are left with stubborn stains that just won’t come off. Let’s face it; having a white sink is pristine. Having a stained white sink is just an eyesore. Not unless you’re planning on purchasing a new sink from ABC each time an old one stains, you should try to remove stubborn stains.
How can you get rid of stubborn stains on your white sink? Here are some tips for you!
- Scrub with dishwasher soap. Even though liquid dishwasher soap seems like it is mild, it is actually capable of removing greasy stains. All you have to do is squirt some on a soft sponge and gently wipe your sink. You should only let it sit for about a minute before rinsing it with cold water.
- Oxygenated bleach. Make a solution by mixing oxygenated bleach with water. Instead of spraying it on the sink, you should soak rags on the solution and lay them all over the stained area. Leave them for about 20 minutes before removing them. Should any stains be left, scrub them off with a soft sponge.
- Scrub with salt and lemon juice. This mostly works for rust stains. Sprinkle some salt on the rusted area and then squeeze some lemon juice over the salt. Use a clean rag to scrub the area and then rinse it with clean water. Repeat this action until you have achieved your desired results.
Let’s take a look at some kitchen degreasers that will make your life easier.
What are some of the preventive actions you can take to prevent a dirty sink?
Even though it is impossible to completely avoid a dirty sink, there is a way to keep it clean most of the time. Here are some helpful preventive tips!
- Always clean your sink after use. Make it a habit to always clean d dry your white kitchen sinks after use. This will prevent it from staining and yellowing. You just have to scrub it clean with dishwashing soap and then rinse it afterward.
- Invest in a rubber mat. You should attach this mat at the bottom of the sink, to prevent it from being stained by dirty pots. It also protects your sink form scrub marks that are brought about by abrasion between the dishes and the sink. Ensure you remove it after use to prevent additional stains.
- Avoid leaving dishes in the sink for long periods. When you leave dishes in the sink for long, things like coffee or soda get spilled. The more the dishes remain there, the more the stains set in. This leads to stubborn stains that can be extremely difficult to remove. Even if you have stainless steel cookware like these ones, you should always wash them as soon as possible.
Even though your sink is bound to get dirty every now and then, ensure that you clean it as often as possible. Don’t let it become too stained that the only option left is for you to buy another one. Besides, regularly cleaning your white kitchen sink will lengthen its lifespan. If you still have problems with dirt, even after all this tips, the best thing is to hire somebody who will do job for you. For such services visit sandiegodowntown.com.