Body shaping procedures such as liposuction and the Brazilian butt lift are helping countless patients enhance their best assets and improve their confidence and body images. These types of procedures do not weight loss solutions though and it’s still essential to eat well and exercise if you want to maintain your results.
Fad diets and quick fixes are never going to give you the results you’re hoping for, not over the long term anyway. A number of studies show that a diet mentality is what leads to patients putting the weight back on again.
Intuitive eating is a strategy that a number of registered dietitians and nutritionists are getting on board with. This is what it’s all about.
Intuitive Eating – The Basics
In a nutshell, it helps people reject the diet mindset for good, ensuring they are listening to their bodies and have a healthy relationship with food. This doesn’t incorporate restrictive meal plans, meaning there aren’t any strict guidelines about what you should be consuming and when. Basically, you want to become more aware of how your body responds to specific foods and become more mindful about your food choices overall.
Why Plastic Surgery Patients Should Become Intuitive Eaters
If you’ve recently scheduled a cosmetic surgery procedure at a clinic such as https://www.plastic-surgery-brisbane.com.au, here is how you can benefit from intuitive eating after your surgery:
- Enjoy a healthy approach to eating after your surgery
- Maintain the results of your surgery without needing to calorie count or restrict your food choices
- Breakaway from emotional consuming patterns
- Practice mindful eating to avoid overeating when you’re already full
- Improve your self-esteem, body image and overall well being
- Feel more satisfied after every meal
- Experience the long-term benefits of a stable weight
Getting Started with Intuitive Eating
Before you get started with intuitive eating, keep in mind that you probably won’t see speedy and dramatic changes – this is a long-term solution that requires mindfulness and patience. Becoming an intuitive eater means you will need to unlearn some of the behaviors you’ve developed throughout your life, which can be a trying process, but one that’s worth the effort. The idea is to learn to enjoy food again because you’re fully aware of what you’re eating and how it benefits your body. Here are some of the primary principles of intuitive eating:
- Learn to listen to your body to understand when you’re truly hungry
- Let go of the diet culture
- Learn to eat without feeling guilty
- Teach yourself to stop eating when you’re full
- Stop yourself from using food as an emotional crutch
- Use food to honor and respect your body and well being
- Discover the joy of moving your body to enhance your lifestyle
Cosmetic surgery can change your body in all the right ways but there are still adjustments that you’ll need to make in your day-to-day life if you want to maintain your results and lead a healthier, happier life. Intuitive eating is one way to do that.