Rubin cubes are already popular among people. They have been playing with this cube for so long. The best thing about this cube’s game is that it is challenging yet exciting. In a Rubik’s cube, you will see small cubes of different colours- Red, blue, yellow, orange, white, and green. All you need to do is match all the smaller cubes of one colour. Once you do the same, you will win the game. You can play it with multiple people and have a competition.
Nowadays, you might have seen different types of Rubik’s cubes in the market. However, some people still aren’t aware of them. If you don’t know anything, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss every type in detail. You will then decide which one will be better for you to buy.
As for purchasing a Rubik’s cube, you will find many websites and platforms. You might even get confused as to which one you should select. Well, researching is the only thing that might be beneficial for you. You can also visit this website to get high-quality products at reasonable rates.
You might be eager to learn more about various types of Rubik’s cubes. So, let’s not waste any further time and dive deeper into the same.
What are the various types of Rubik’s cubes?
If you plan to get one, you might want to know which type of cube will suit your needs well. Here are some of the most popular ones that people prefer-
- 2×2 Cube: This type is also a mini cube or pocket cube. The primary reason is that these are usually smaller than regular cubes. Some people think that a mini Rubik’s cube is difficult to solve. Well, that is a misconception that they believe in. You should first research extensively about this type to know whether it is suitable for you to purchase or not.
Have you ever wondered why it is hard to solve a 2×2 cube? It is because there are more than 3.5 million permutations. One often gets tired while playing with it. So, learning some tips on how to solve the puzzle is always beneficial. The strategies and techniques will make the overall game easier to win. You can also impress your friends by matching the smaller cubes of one colour to each other and winning the game.
- Classic 3×3 Rubik’s Cube: Another type of cube that comes on the list is Classic 3×3. It is neither big nor small. In other words, it will give you a good experience while playing. Many people do for a classic one because it fulfils all the needs and requirements of a player.
You will be surprised to know that a person solved a 3×3 Rubik’s cube in just 3.47 seconds. If you think you can also beat someone in a short period, you should plan a match. One can also make beautiful patterns on this classic cube. You can buy it without any hesitation. Many online stores offer this classic cube to people at reasonable prices. So, you can also consider it if you want one.
- Mirror Cube: You might have heard about the mirror cube already as they are pretty trendy. There are many reasons why people get attracted to them. They are unique in structure and design. You will see that almost all the cubes in the mirror cube have different sizes and shapes. The cube has only two colours. That is why they are unique from other cubes.
You should consider factors like size and colour while deciding on a suitable one. Mirror cubes are available in different sizes. So, you need to find a suitable one for your playing. Another thing that you should remember before purchasing it is that solving it is complex. If you are a beginner, you should always get a basic one to learn techniques and strategies. On the contrary, if you have enough playing experience, you can buy a mirror cube.
The mirror cube’s shape and structure will change after you solve it. It happens as all the cubes are not equal in size. You might get a weird form after the same.
An excellent thing about a mirror cube is that you can also play it with a blindfold. As the cubes are of different shapes and sizes, one can quickly feel them and solve the puzzle. But, it will be challenging to solve the game while putting on a blindfold. If you are interested in trying it with your friends, you will never regret it.
- Megaminx: Megaminx is also a unique puzzle. Its shape is in the form of a dodecahedron. You will be muddled after seeing this Rubik’s cube. Nobody can quickly identify how to begin solving the puzzle. But after trying, you will know that it is not impossible to solve.
Megaminx cube is also available in different variants. But if you want to try it, you should always buy a 3×3 one. You can also learn the steps to solve the puzzle while practising. After some time, you can move to other variants.
- Skewb: Skewb is also a type of Rubik’s cube known for its complex structure. Although its form is weird, one can solve it in simple steps. If you analyse its design, you will find eight corners and six fixed centres. A person solved this puzzle in only 1.10 seconds. So, you can also reach that point by consistently trying to solve it.
- Square-1: A unique type of Rubik’s cube is Square-1. There are three layers on the cube with different shapes. You can transform it into a strange structure after solving the puzzle. If we talk about its difficulty level, the unusual design makes it challenging. However, you can try it if you want to get the experience of solving the puzzle.
The Bottom Line
Playing various types of Rubik’s cubes can make you a better player. We hope this article helped you understand all the types in detail.