With time people have understood the importance of education in life. They have understood how learning about new technologies and science can bring changes in their life. Therefore, they are willing to invest in education. More and more people, even from the remotest locations in the country are sending their kids to the nearby city or foreign countries.
However, sometimes their expenditure could not do justice with the quality education because of the rising cost of everything. As living away from family at a new place is difficult for many students. Investment in courses in schools, colleges, and institutes would not help if the student does not get a friendly environment to study. Therefore, it is very crucial to look for accommodation that is suitable for the student where the student feels at home.
In any big city, there are various options available for a student. That is what is causing a dilemma to students because they are unaware of the advantages and disadvantages associated with the different options.
Here, are some of the suitable options for students that they can choose from:
- For University students, it is always advised to them to go for ‘on-campus accommodation’ that is the hostels or dormitory available at the University. As it provides all the necessary facilities such as- shopping centers, ATM, hospitals, and libraries.
- It saves time and also the transportation cost. However, here students have to share the kitchen, living room, bathroom everything with other students. It also develops sociability attributes in them.
- You find it difficult to get an on-campus accommodation you can look for or private halls of residence. Although it is quite expensive from ‘on-campus accommodation’. It provides all the necessary facilities such as TV rooms, Wi-Fi connectivity, library, game room, and study zones. Students living here have to pay additional charges in the name of electricity and cleaning bills. Here, the students are free to move in and out of the dormitory anytime.
- If you are a very introvert student and find it difficult to interact with other students, then you can switch to an en-suite accommodation where you will get a little home-like feeling. You will have a small bathroom and a bedroom. This en-suite house will give you the space that you can utilize for or a focused and concentrated self-study.
- It is very difficult to find a flat in big cities even if you can, then they are so expensive that a large part of your investment goes to the landlords in the form of rent. Therefore, students contact each other and form a group to live in a shared apartment. In this way, the house allowance does not fall on a single head, and it is equally distributed among themselves. It improves their quality of life as now they can save much and invest it in their education in a better way.
- A studio is also a good option for students as it has several rooms similar to a house. Such as- living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. That is what is making this studio room so spacious. And this gives a cozy and comfy feeling.
- Nowadays, students also get opportunities to share studio apartments where they can bring their friends and divide the rent equally. The double occupancy studio apartments are a little different than the usual studio apartments as is this you will get two single beds and a lot of storage space.
- If you don’t find anything, you can switch to an apartment. However, an apartment is a complete home with all those necessary facilities that a home comprises. Therefore it could be a little expensive. To manage the expense, you can go for a shared apartment. In this way, the rent paid for the apartment can be distributed equally per head.
Students need to understand the various options available to them before they make any choice. In this way, they don’t feel cheated or missing something as now the decision will rely on proper knowledge and understanding. Apart from the information about the various available options, they must consider these points while choosing and accommodation for themselves:
- The location should be near their University or the campus. So they could save money on transportation.
- The added benefit of close campus location is you will save your time that can for other productive work of College life. For instance, students can participate in extracurricular activities.
- When you are going for a shared apartment, then you must seek or a friend to accompany you as it is quite difficult to adjust with a strange person especially if you don’t like socializing much.
- For the student, the environment should be peaceful and friendly that will provide students with a conducive environment for self-study.
- The most important thing is people, from whom the students are renting apartments, studios or en-suites. They should have a healthy relationship with each other. We often hear about students and landlords abusing each other. All these things are harmful to the conducive environment required for learning. Therefore, all the things, such as payment date, amount, maintenance cost, and all other stuff should be discussed, before renting the apartment. As it helps in conflict-free stay and maintaining friendly relations with the landlords.
When students look for student studio apartments keeping all these vital points in their minds, they will find a suitable location for them. Thanks to the internet, the students can now look for accommodation on amberstudent without even have to visit each of them. With the internet, we can look for accommodation sitting in our homes. Hundreds of websites on the internet serve this purpose. However, you must look for these services from them before going with them:
- First of all, the landlord and you should agree to the rent.
- They must provide maintenance costs and security.
- You must do a background check. For that, you can go through the feedback by their previous paying guest.
If they fit in all categories, students can rest assured and go with them.