Will electric motorcycles replace gasoline bikes one day? Will you be able to ride it in the rain? Is there a possibility that a sudden power surge can happen? Is it heavy? These are only some of the questions that you might hear when people are wondering about electric motorcycles. Both gas and electric bikes are fun to ride, and whatever you choose, you will have a lot of freedom and adventure. However, there are various benefits to both, and here is the list of them:
The advantages of electric motorcycles
- Eco-friendly – perhaps one of the most important advantage of these bikes is that they are environmentally friendly. There are fewer greenhouse emissions and it will reduce air pollution and limit all the effects of global warming. Hence, by driving this bike, you will help in the battle against global warming.
- They are easy and safe to operate – these motorcycles are fun for people of various ages. It is considered to be a better bike since its features will provide additional safety while driving it. These bikes are often highly regarded by elderly people, as well as women.
- Stress and sweat free
According to EV News, the automatic features is what makes this bike a worry-free technology and choice. You will not have to think about what gear you are in or how to clutch in the proper way. You will not have to put in a lot of physical effort in order to drive this bike, and one of the most amazing things – you will not have to worry about the oil or gas.
The disadvantages of electric bikes
Of course, with various advantages, come some disadvantages.
- It is a bit expensive – in general, when compared to gas motorcycles, electric ones are quite expensive. And with these bikes, your power bill might go up a little bit.
- Limited battery life – in general, maintenance-free batteries have a limited life span. The more use drive this bike, the earlier you battery will give up on you. Charging also needs to be carefully looked at in order to avoid battery damage.
The advantages of gas motorcycles
Motorcycles that are powered on gas are still more preferred by motorcycle drivers. It has some benefits that people enjoy, and here are the advantages of them:
- It is faster – when compared to electric bikes, gas ones are faster. It can bring you miles away to the destination you want in no time, so it is most certainly faster.
- Resale value – for gas bikes, it is easy to find a buyer. The resale value of them is higher them the electric motorcycles. With the proper maintenance, you will be able to get a high and good market price value.
- Inexpensive – the initial investment that you will be making is cheaper. Service, the parts, and maintenance are cheaper and you will be able to pump gas whenever you need it without worrying about your power bill.
The disadvantages of gas motorcycles
- It is heavy – although there are various types, it is generally not easy to maneuver this motorcycle. It is heavy and in order to move it around, you will need a lot of force to do so. You will also need skills, concentration, and skill to drive this bike.
- Maintenance – you will be able from a wide range of option from private mechanics and dealers, and you could also choose to repair it on your own. However, any of these options will cost you a lot of money.
- Pollution – gas-powered motorcycles are amongst the vehicles that have worse emissions. The chemicals that can be found in the gas have a bad impact on humans, as well as the world. Once the gas is inhaled, it can cause a wide range of illnesses.
Both gas and electric bikes are good to take on the road, and the decision you will make should depend on your preferences.