How does text-to-give fundraising work?
“Donation text” is intended for those who want to donate directly from their phones using a special app or a browser. This opportunity doesn’t require much effort, it is enough to send a special word, after which the required amount will be transferred to the specified address.
One of the functions allows you to go to a donation page accessible from mobile phones. Users are able to make transactions in the opened tab. This is the easiest and most convenient way for those donators who want to transfer some money at any time of the day because there is no need to turn on a computer and use additional programs.
You should know that the majority of people all over the globe absolutely live on their mobile phones. In fact, 5 billion users worldwide own smartphones, and SMS texting is the most frequently used function —97% of mobile phone users open an SMS folder at least once a day.
Also, according to Nonprofits Source, SMS giving donations increased more than 200% over the last few years. A whopping 51% of people who visit a nonprofit’s sites do it on a mobile phone — and 25% of donors complete donations there too.
Without doubts, you should consider combining peoples’ collective obsession with messaging with peoples’ desire to be kind? The answer are SMS-to-give donations. It’s an effective approach to empower the audience to donate.
3 Text-to-Give Fundraising Best Practices and Tips
If you decided to use SNS texts to give platforms some new opportunities, and you want it to work correctly, you need to do some preliminary settings. With their help, non-profit organizations will be able to raise funds without additional actions by users. Getting started with this service is pretty easy.
To quickly collect the required amounts, it’s enough to choose a suitable platform, which will have the following functions:
- Simple and intuitive interface. Convenient navigation and fast loading of all functions will allow users to easily perform the necessary actions. The ability to choose the desired amount and provide personal information is also an undeniable advantage.
- Fast data processing and accounting of funds. It is worth using the maximum number of payment systems for carrying out transactions. You can also offer users to send a donation text.
- Secure processing of transactions. The platform must provide secure processing of payments, for which text messages are used. For this, there are both server solutions and apps compatible with the selected product. For user’s peace of mind, this information should be publicly available.
- Fast transfers. Donations must be delivered to the company account as quickly as possible, delays are unacceptable.
- Support service that will provide quick solutions to emerging issues. In some cases, technical problems can hinder donating by text, so you should try to avoid it or provide a quick solution to the problem.
- Transparency of pricing policy. Users should know what additional fees they have to pay. This could be transaction processing, settings, or customer support.
You should determine what role text donations will play in your company’s work; whether they are part of a fundraising strategy or a one-time thing, read more here.
1. Create specific fundraising campaigns
It is important to create a unique donation campaign. You can change the settings of your site and create a convenient form for online fees so that the process of uploading information takes as little time as possible. Also, the forms should be easy to navigate when viewing from mobile devices. The minimum number of fields required for filling and big font are the keys to success. You shouldn’t use too many design elements to get the highest conversion possible.
Customize your donation form so that mobile users can see your logo and the donated amount on one page. Use special functions to show how much money has already been donated and how much of it is left to achieve the desired result. This will be a kind of incentive for users to deposit the maximum amount.
2. Use SMS Keywords to help grow your campaign
The use of text donation services should be as simple as possible. The codes the users enter and the number to which money is transferred should be as short and simple as possible to remember them best. If these combinations are too complex, the donator will ditch the process in favour of simpler set of characters offered by other companies. You can select words that match your chosen goal.
3. Measure, track, and evaluate your Bulk SMS campaign
Don’t forget about gratitude, because users should feel their usefulness when making transfers. You can also set up sending mass thank you messages and the amount of each donator’s contribution to your goal.
You must always analyze the results of your campaigns, which allows you to assess its quality and the chosen method of fundraising. You can also share these observations with your users.
When measuring the effectiveness of the results, remember to find out which functions performed best. This will allow you to choose the most effective strategy during the transfer of texts.
Collecting donations using text to give campaigns a boost allows you to attract the maximum number of donators. You can combine your chosen strategy with other fundraising methods. Certain segmentation may reduce the effectiveness of your campaign, so the chosen techniques should be used carefully.
Donation texts are powerful enough to help raise the needed money, but it is often overlooked. This is the fastest way to start a charity project. Users don’t need receipt, and to make a transfer, they don’t need to use additional devices other than their own phone. So it’s possible to attract the maximum number of people who are ready to share money for a good cause.
You can try different fundraising methods and choose the one that works best for you. To try and configure donations by texting, use a service similar to what is available on https://bsg.world/products/rent-platform/.