Classrooms are one of the important learning spaces which each one of us has experienced in our lifetime. This learning room must be comfortable and functional to have an uninterrupted environment from any kind of distractions. Classrooms are the place where the kids and young adults spend most of their time outside their home. A functional and elegant classroom gives a positive mindset to the students of all ages and helps them to focus on their education in a comfy way.
Here are some of the factors that can be considered before purchasing classroom furniture.
Furniture according to the age group
Elementary class furniture
Starting from Pre-kindergartener up to class V, the elementary class has a wide range of versatile furniture designs which comes in vibrant colors and provide a great comfort level to the students within the budget.
- Go in for a soft plastic design with smooth edges for the kindergarteners in which the desk or the table usually accommodate 3 to 4 chairs. These colorful tables can be designed either curve shape or circular shape according to the layout of the classroom.
- A four-leg standard chair is the most basic model for the elementary kids which give them a strong grip against the floor.
- Do invest in a good quality glides like a nylon or plastic glides if the classroom has a hard floor or buy steel glides if the classroom has a soft carpet floor. As small children tend to move a lot with their chairs leading to scratching of the floor. A good gliding at the bottom of the chair prevents these floor scratching completely.
- As the kids move to Grade 2 and above, they may be given individual table and chair and thus invest in a desk which has enough storage space to hold all their stationary supplies and school project.
- Also, investing in a height adjusting chair model is the best practice. Thus, to provide each kid a comfortable class experience for all their writing and drawing activities an adjustable chair is a perfect solution that fits any child irrespective of their height.
Middle School and High School Furniture
When compared to the material of the school furniture, the soft plastic furniture for table and chair is expensive than the normal one as they provide smooth edges with colorful patterns and colors to attract the young students and thus it is not necessary for the older kids which saves a lot of money. However, investing in a premium quality wooden furniture or high-grade steel furniture is essential for long durability.
- When purchasing for a high school or middle school kids, choose the one which is more functional like having a large storage space to store their laptops or other project materials. There are tables which have the front open or under table sliding racks which is very popular.
- Also, look in for foldable design chairs and table which can be folded back when not in use giving more room space. Also, these make it more mobile or portable furniture models.
Thus, choose the classroom furniture according to the age group of the students and choose one that is ergonomically designed and which fits your budget as well.