Saas-Fee is a popular ski resort town located in the Swiss Alps. After a long day on the slopes, many skiers and snowboarders enjoy the tradition of après-ski, which typically involves relaxing with drinks, snacks, and music in a lively atmosphere.
Here are a few popular places to enjoy après-ski in Saas-Fee compiled by Ski-Pro:
- Popcorn! – This bar and nightclub is known for its lively atmosphere and popular DJs. It’s a popular spot for après-ski drinks and dancing.
- Dom Bar – This cozy bar is located in the heart of Saas-Fee and is known for its relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. They offer a wide range of drinks and snacks, including traditional Swiss fondue.
- The Larix – This bar is located at the base of the slopes and has a large outdoor terrace with stunning views of the mountains. They offer a variety of drinks and snacks, including mulled wine and roasted chestnuts.
- Melli’s Bar – This bar is located in the center of Saas-Fee and is a popular spot for après-ski drinks and live music. They offer a variety of drinks and snacks, including hot chocolate with Baileys.
- Waldhotel Fletschhorn – This hotel bar is located just outside of Saas-Fee and has a cozy atmosphere with a fireplace and comfortable seating. They offer a variety of drinks and snacks, including homemade mulled wine.
These are just a few of the many places to enjoy après-ski in Saas-Fee. It’s worth exploring the town and trying out different places to find your favorite spots.
In addition to its outdoor activities, Saas-Fee is also known for its excellent restaurants and culinary offerings. Here are some popular restaurants in Saas-Fee that are worth trying:
- La Ferme – This cozy restaurant is known for its traditional Swiss cuisine, featuring dishes made with local ingredients. The restaurant has a charming atmosphere with wooden beams and a fireplace.
- The Capra – This restaurant is located in a luxury hotel and offers a fine dining experience with a modern twist on classic Swiss cuisine. The menu features seasonal dishes and the wine list is extensive.
- Spielboden – This restaurant has a rustic ambiance and is known for its excellent fondue and raclette dishes. They also offer a range of other traditional Swiss dishes and international cuisine.
- Zur Mühle – This restaurant is located in a historic mill and offers a warm and cozy atmosphere. The menu features traditional Swiss dishes, including homemade sausages and hearty stews.
- Fee Chäller – This restaurant is located at the base of the slopes and offers a range of dishes, including burgers, salads, and pizzas. They also have a large outdoor terrace with stunning views of the mountains.
These are just a few of the many restaurants in Saas-Fee. It’s worth exploring the town and trying out different places to find your favorite spots.
Other activities to enjoy after skiing, such as ice skating or bowling
Saas-Fee is not only a great ski resort but also offers a variety of après ski activities that visitors can enjoy after a day on the slopes. Here are some of the other activities to enjoy after skiing:
Ice-skating: Ice-skating is a popular activity in Saas-Fee, especially for families with children. There is a small ice rink in the village that is perfect for an afternoon or evening of skating. Skates can be rented on-site, and there is also a small snack bar nearby.
Bowling: The bowling alley in Saas-Fee is a great option for those looking for a fun indoor activity after skiing. It’s a perfect activity for groups or families and offers a chance to compete and have fun together. The bowling alley is located in the center of the village and is easily accessible.
Tobogganing: Tobogganing is a fun activity that can be enjoyed by visitors of all ages. There is a dedicated toboggan run in Saas-Fee that is open in the evenings and provides a thrilling ride down the mountain. Toboggans can be rented on-site, and the run is well-lit, making it safe to use in the evenings.
Curling: Curling is a traditional Swiss sport that is popular in Saas-Fee. There is a dedicated curling rink in the village that can be booked for a game. It’s a fun activity that requires strategy and skill, making it a great option for groups.
Swimming: For those looking to relax and unwind after a day of skiing, the Saas-Fee wellness center offers a swimming pool and sauna. The pool is heated and provides a great opportunity to soothe tired muscles and enjoy some downtime.
Hiking: Saas-Fee is surrounded by stunning mountain scenery, and there are plenty of hiking trails in the area. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll or a more challenging hike, depending on their preferences. There are also guided hikes available, providing visitors with a chance to learn more about the local flora and fauna.
Tips on how to behave and have a good time without causing any trouble
Après ski in Saas-Fee can be a fun and lively experience, but it’s important to be mindful of the local customs and etiquette to avoid causing any trouble or discomfort for others. Here are some tips on how to behave and have a good time while respecting the local culture and community:
Pace yourself: It’s important to pace yourself when enjoying après ski activities, especially when it comes to drinking. Saas-Fee has a zero-tolerance policy for drunken behavior, and visitors who are visibly intoxicated may be refused entry into bars or may be asked to leave.
Respect others: It’s important to be respectful of others and their personal space. Avoid being too loud or boisterous, and keep in mind that not everyone may be in the mood for loud music or dancing. Be mindful of other people’s comfort levels and avoid pushing others to do things they don’t want to do.
Dress appropriately: While après ski is a relaxed and casual affair, it’s still important to dress appropriately. Avoid wearing ski boots or other footwear that may be uncomfortable for others, and keep in mind that some bars or restaurants may have dress codes.
Tip generously: It’s customary to tip generously in Saas-Fee, especially when receiving good service. It’s a great way to show appreciation and respect for the local culture and community.
Be responsible: Finally, it’s important to be responsible and take care of yourself and others. Don’t drink and drive, and make sure you have a safe and reliable way to get back to your accommodation after a night of après ski activities.