Now, air is essential to all life on earth and although we don’t see it we breathe it every second, allowing the oxygen to enter our cells and keep us running. And exactly the fact that we don’t see it is what makes the air so fascinating. On the other hand, in the past few decades and with all kinds of industries being on the rise we have polluted our air and now most of the big cities do have high levels of pollution that no one is proud of. Once the holiday season comes some people enjoy moving to the mountainside at least for a few days just to get a bit of fresh oxygen in their lungs.
Although we are used to seeing air as essential to life it can actually be a pretty good energy source especially compared to electricity. Now, an essential in turning air to an energy source is a tool called air compressor and it is something that is becoming more popular with each and every year. A lot of manufacturers have started using it as an aiding tool in machining, handling and even spray painting. It turns out to be cheaper, safer and more convenient than if we were relying only on the electricity source. But what to search for in an air compressor and how to know the right one? Let’s go ahead and take a look.
What To Look For In An Air Compressor
- First and foremost, you should decide on the size of the needed compressor by comparing it with the size of your business. If you get too big of an air compressor you will be wasting resources, while too small will waste your time as it takes much more to create the wanted pressure.
- One of the most important things when buying in an air compressor is to go for the one that has an effective airflow. Now, it is measured through cubic meters per minute and you want one that has an airflow CFM greater than what is the operational requirement while still not going above the maximum output of the air compressor tool. Just remember, the more CFM your tool has the more horsepower will be required.
- Now, before moving on, you want to make sure that the company selling an air compressor is the right one for your business. California Air Compressors is a great example of how a good company should look like – decades of experience, providing efficient and high-quality machines, and a 24/7 support team.
- Once you have decided on the company you will buy from, it is time to see if you are going for gasoline or an electric engine. While electric may be cheaper and more efficient, a gasoline engine will allow for better transport. Along with that, depending on the type of business you will be using your air compressor from you should decide on the tank size as well – a larger tank will provide sustainable use, while a smaller one is there to provide a powerful burst.
- You would want the amount of horsepower is adequate to the amount of CFM that can be produced. Low CFM and horsepower will result in a power usage that will be of short life, while a high CFM and low horsepower will not be able to run.
- An air compressor with a dual control will allow you to get the hand on the spend and start/stop features at any given time, which is beneficial especially if you plan to work with the tool for more than a few hours.
- Last but not least consider certain additional features like steel finger valves and one piece rods. These can come in really handy and if you are on a somewhat higher budget you should absolutely go for it.
Whether you are running a big manufacturing business or you need an air compressor for your personal use it is a good investment. And especially now, when these tools are becoming more popular, you are able to find one at a fair and affordable price without skimping on quality. So go ahead, follow the above-mentioned tips and find the one that suits your needs!