Ukraine is one of the most underrated countries in the world. Here are four reasons why you should visit this hidden gem of Eastern Europe in 2019.
1. Affordable: There is a lot to see in Ukraine and it’s also very cheap. The reason for that is that Ukraine’s currency has plummeted over the years from a high of 5 units for every dollar to a whopping 27 units for every dollar. That means every dollar you have in your pocket buys you more things.
For example, a decent breakfast will set you back only about $2-3; a decent dinner is only about $4-7. Of course, if you’d like to splurge, you can do that too. Last week, I splurged $25 for dinner for two. Not bad at all.
2. Kiev is a world-class city: While many Eastern European cities are true to their stereotypes of being run down with old Soviet-era convenience stores and roads full of potholes, the capital, Kiev, is an awesome, world-class city. It has everything you’d ever want like awesome cafes, restaurants, lounges, bars, and theaters.
3. Easy connection to surrounding countries: While living in Ukraine is a great benefit all in itself, one of the nicest perks is the ease with which you can explore the immediate region and beyond. Not only do you have the entire Eastern and Central Europe at your fingertips, but you also have Western Europe, the Middle East, the Caucasus region and even Central Asia a stone’s throw away.
Last week, I flew to Tbilisi, Georgia for the best first time. I loved it. And the best part? The flight was only 2.5 hours.
Next month, I want to explore Armenia and maybe Azerbaijan. They’re also only 2.5 hours away. In the summer, I want to check out Cyprus and Greece. Not a long flight either. That’s just one of the perks of living in this part of the world.
4. Beautiful women: It’s hard to talk about the benefits of living in Ukraine without mentioning the beautiful and feminine women. Ukraine boasts some of the most beautiful women in the world. Women that are truly feminine, know how to take care of themselves and their men.
Many of these women are willing to meet foreigners and hang out with them.
5. Friendly people: It’s more than just friendly women and cheap food. The main reason to visit this Ukraine comes down to its people. While Eastern Europeans may appear to be stoic and unfriendly on the surface.
And, while, you need a bit of time for them to warm up to you—there are no fake smiles here—once they get to know, they will be extremely helpful and forthcoming and your friendship will grow stronger over time. Even if you decide to come for a short visit, rest assured that you will get help and assistance whenever you need it.
While there are many other reasons to visit this amazing country, these are the main ones that will hopefully tilt your decision in your favor to come and visit.