Is it possible to create a marketing strategy that can withstand the growing competition, evolving algorithms updates, and fluctuations in the industry? Well, while this might appear mountainous, it is achievable. Here are the main tricks that can help you always to stay ahead of the system changes.
The shift from a conventional focus on keywords and content creation
It is not uncommon to hear digital marketers arguing that because I sell newsletters, I want to rank for them. Well, whether it is newsletters, widgets, or other forms of digital marketing, you cannot simply relax after achieving the rank you anticipate. You cannot simply stop after scratching the surface; it is important to dig deeper. This means diversifying the keyword research and advancing your content development through;
- Creating ancillary services: Your content marketing is only part of a bigger machine. It is important to identify other products that will help the initial strategy work well. Think of productivity tools, email marketing apps, and appropriate themes, plugins, call tracking, printing, CDN, and reputation management.
- Interview top industry leaders: When you interview the leaders in your industry, you generate very insightful content. The good thing is that the leaders generate the content and you do not need to work hard for it. Immediately, you become an authority and build a lot of trust from followers.
- Review competing products: While the commonest strategy by most companies is reviewing their products and depicting those of competitors as inferior; the strategy only works for some time. Rather, you should review even the competitors’ products and point the difference with what your brand is offering. Cite the pros and cons and be genuine to become an authority in the market.
- Start your own online courses: People tends to listen to what their teachers say. In this case, it will be good to start from your own course to get more creditability. For example, if you run an SEO agency, Impossible.sg believes that you should organize SEO courses to teach your followers.
Make your brand the industry hub
Make it an industry hub? That is right! Though this will take time and effort, it is exactly what you need. It involves creating an entirely separate platform/ website with a lot of your brand’s outstanding content. Once you achieve this, it is possible to take multiple positions in every search engine result all linking back to the primary site. This will grow your trust, and authority. Here is some of the information to include in the secondary website:
- Industry news
- Trade publications and related resources
- Industry events
- Product Reviews
- Laws related to the industry
- Interviews with top industry leaders
Become an expert in your industry
Becoming an influencer is not as easy as many people think. Here, you must be willing to work extra hard to get recognized, win trust, and act as a reference point in your industry. You start by narrowing down to an area of interest, researching it, following people’s issues, and crafting solutions to problems affecting them.
Work towards building relationships and maintain consistency in creating top-notch content. Think of the process that people follow to become top bloggers. You must remain aggressive in most social media outlets, be first to work on reviews and work with other top experts. All of these efforts will direct quality traffic to your page as more brands focus on getting connected to you.